Rigid Gas-Permeable (RGP)
Made of slightly flexible plastics that allow oxygen to pass through to the eyes.
Daily-Wear Soft Lenses
Made of soft, flexible plastic that allow oxygen to pass through to the eyes
Available for overnight wear in soft or RGP lenses
Soft lenses worn for an extended period of time, from one to six days and then discarded.
Soft daily wear lenses that are replaced on a planned schedule, most often either every two weeks, monthly or quarterly.
Reasons To Consider Contact Lenses
• Contact lenses move with your eye, allow a natural field of view, have no frames to obstruct your vision and greatly reduce distortions.
• They do not fog up, like glasses, nor do they get splattered by mud or rain.
• Contact lenses do not get in the way of your activities.
• Many people feel they look better in contact lenses.
• Contact lenses, compared to eyeglasses, generally offer better sight.
Some Things To Remember About Contact Lenses
• Contact lenses, when compared with glasses, require a longer initial examination and more follow-up visits to maintain eye health; and more time for lens care.
• If you are going to wear your lenses successfully, you will have to clean and store them properly; adhere to lens wearing schedules; and make appointments for follow-up care.
• If you are wearing disposable or planned replacement lenses, you will have to carefully follow the schedule for throwing away used lenses.